Thursday, September 20, 2012

Covent Garden.....

For all those who love shopping and food, please make Covent Garden part of your itinerary.
I'm glad I did, but regret not spending more time there. If only I had more time, then I would be able to buy more stuff at the here. I only managed to get 2 dresses from H&M..I want more!!!

It was a lovely sunny day (I heard it was raining the past few days in London) and the young, the old are all out to enjoy the weather. Covent Garden is really a great place, bustling with people, street performers and just so much to see.











Ring Ring Ring the telephone...


 If you love hand-made goods, you must pay a visit to the Apple Market at Covent Garden.

I thought of my sister when I saw this stall:)

Hand-made bags

Flags commemorating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Year

We saw so many people at this stall and wondered what were they  having for lunch

Paella!
 We wanted to try it but there were too many people, insufficient seats, and we were didn't want to sit and eat by the road. I must go and try this if I visit Covent Garden someday. Anyway, if you do not know what paella is, read here.


We ended up eating at Masters Diner. Big food portion for a reasonable price.

Fish & Chips


Spaghetti Bolognese

 Went back to St Paul's Church at Covent Garden. This church is also known as the Actor's church because of its long association with the theatre community.  We had the opportunity to listen to some very talented musicians while they were practising.

The interior
Pipe organ

Musicians  

I could stay the whole day to listen them, but we had to rush back to collect our luggage from the hotel and then take the tube to Heathrow for our flight back to Malaysia.




No comments:

Post a Comment