Monday, September 10, 2012

Florence....the food..yum yum!

My favourite topic...FOOD!

1. Tavernetta della Signoria

It was raining, we were soaked and hungry when we stumbled upon this restaurant. The place looked inviting and all we wanted was to sit somewhere and rest. Check out this place here.


Tavernetta della Signoria
 The first thing I ordered was hot chocolate. The best I've ever tasted, especially on a rainy day.

Delicious hot chocolate


Salad with cold cut meat
 My first time having risotto..marvellous! This is risotto with asparagus and prawns. I love rice, so this was really perfect.

Risotto Asparagi E Gamberi.


Spaghetti Ragu (spaghetti in meat sauce)

Grilled beef with potatoes
2.  Trattoria Mario

Highly recommended at Trip Advisor, so we paid this place a visit for lunch. The place was full to the brim. Amazingly we managed to squeeze in a table with 2 Korean girls. Check it out here.

In front of Trattoria Mario. Spot the big plastic bag I was carrying? Got it from the San Lorenzo leather market to put in all our souvenirs...

As you know, I can't drink red wine (or any wine for the matter). Will mabuk, seriously..haha
Wondered how I survived this rich and mouth watering stew. FYI, this goes with bread.

Peposo di manzo (Beef stew in red wine sauce)

Knowing that other half loves pork, he didn't hesitate when he ordered this pork chop. Somehow I think, it looked rather plain (without any vegetables at the side).

Bistecca  di maiale

3. Gelateria La Carraia 2

You definitely must have gelato if you've already in Italy. For more information and tips about ordering gelato, please click here. As I'm writing this post, the weather is so hot here in Malaysia that I am fantasizing about Italian gelato...

Gelateria La Carraia 2
 It cost 2 Euros for 2 flavours:)

My raspberry-hazelnut gelato and hubby's mint-yoghurt gelato (on my right hand)


4. Tratorria Da I' Coco Filippo

I looked through google map and analysed to find a restaurant which is just a stone's throw away from our hotel and stumbled upon this one. Read more reviews and found that they have rabbit meat on the menu. I had to try! This is the place I had duck and rabbit all in one night..
Too bad, not many reviews on Trip Advisor on this restaurant as it is far away from the touristy area. I guess locals would patronize this place more than tourists. If you want to know more, click here.



Their selection of wine
House wine


Pappardelle on duck and porcini mushrooms

Spaghetti with truffles

Rabbit (can't remember how it was cooked)
I will definitely come back again to this place. Somehow, I feel that this place did not manage to have lots of publicity. Could it be due to the location? I wonder....

No comments:

Post a Comment