Sunday, March 13, 2011

A trip to the veterinary clinic..

This morning, I brought Brownie to government vet clinic at Jalan Datuk Kumbar. The journey there was ok, considering Brownie didn't throw up (he threw up his breakfast  the last 2 times we brought him out). Of course, there was nothing to throw up since I didnt feed him much for breakfast. When we arrived there...the nightmare began. Brownie, who usually is a quiet dog, started barking at every single dog that was in the clinic.  Do note that the dog clinic and cat clinic is separated by the registration counter. Brownie's bark could be heard, as it was super loud. I held him with the leash, but he kept wanting to go over to other dogs. The sentences I muttered the whole morning was "Quiet Brownie" and "Sit Brownie". All the people that brought their dogs there were looking at me (as tho I have a freakish dog) and must be pissed I think. You see, their dogs are those toy-dogs, super well-behaved. I saw this woman carrying her dog as though it is her baby, there was a blanket covering her dog too!
I couldnt be happier when it was Brownie's turn to get the jab. Thank God that I manage to hold up his legs, to ease the process of him getting jab. Finally, he has gotten his license:). On the way back to the car (had to drag, pull, drag again) because of him, I got a scratch from the cactus tree.


PS: I prayed the whole journey there, that he wouldn't  throw up, prayed again that he will stop barking and behave...prayed again that he will not throw up on the way back home. God is good.....
I wonder how it is like when one day when I bring my crying non-stop child to the clinic, will everyone stare? What will they think?


xoxo,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment