Monday, February 14, 2011

Revenge of the mosquitoes and the trip to the paddy terrace

All my life (before tying the knot) I have been staying with my parents in a total closed-up house (netting everywhere). Dad used to scold us if we leave the door open, even for a while. He used to say "Close the door! Mosquitoes! ". The funny thing I realize is, in Semenanjung, mosquitoes hardly come after me, but each time I go to Kuching, without fail, I will be 'haunted' by mosquitoes. Strangely the people around me feel nothing, but I will be scratching myself upside down. Likewise, this trip, I was not spared from mosquitoes. Out of desperation, Dan and I had to stop at Guardian just to get a bottle of roll-on mosquito repellent.

So, when FIL asked me whether I wanted to go to the paddy terrace (padi bukit), I hesitated, partly because ofthe mosquitoes and also because I hated jungles! To cut the story short, I went. And I thank God for a wonderful husband patiently watched my every step, and listen to my grumbling..all the way to, and all the way back. And although I had rolled on some mosquito repellent on my legs, arms, etc, I was still bitten. Super pissed~!

Here are some pics we took:


 Hubby and I

 
Padi huma
The overview of the place

FIL asked me what are these, and guess what's my reply? Biji cempedak....doing! Wrong! Can you guess?




4 comments:

  1. biji from rubber tree! hahaha! maybe you should come stay in kuching more till kuching mosquitoes 'muak' with ur blood dy, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...u guess correct, u can claim angpow money from me..yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've never seen a biji getah??? Aiyo, you're more 'sam-pat' than I thought.... LOL! We used to kutip these biji getah and laga them to see which one is the strongest! Many hours would be spent looking for the strongest one.... nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven seen la..during my time we play with batu 5..thats y haven seen a biji getah..haha

    ReplyDelete