Friday, June 29, 2018

Sabah Chronicles: Tambunan

After Kundasang, we drove to Tambunan. We spent 2 nights in Tambunan and celebrated Kaamatan Festival with my brother-in-law's family. At Tambunan, we stayed at this place called Padi View Guesthouse. It is cheap, spacious, clean and quiet. I quite enjoy staying here.

View from our bedroom




We visited the Sinurambi Tambunan. It was a uphill and downhill drive. We got lost when GPS took us to the wrong road. Finally after some time, we arrived but it looked like it was going to rain. I prayed and asked God to stop the rain so that I could go up and enjoy the view.


I braved myself and ran all the way up just to get this shot. The wind was very strong and the whole structure was lightly swaying. It wasn't scary or anything but my biggest fear was getting stuck my lightning Oh how I prayed!



It was so windy up there and I wished I had more time. Felt like the clock was ticking and anytime it could rain.


On our way back,  we saw this handsome mountain goat. Can't help winding down the window to say HI.



Near our hotel was the Tugu Tambunan. Do you know that the name Tambunan comes from the combination of the names "Tamadon" and "Gombunan"? According to the local history, both were warriors of 2 tribes which in the end came together to defend the land from their enemies.


I just found out that Tambunan is also known as the Switzerland of the East.




There are many other places which I didn't manage to visit in Tambunan. However, when you are in Tambunan, you have to try their Tambunan Mee (at the food court next to Tugu Tambunan). It's really good and you have to eat these noodles with tuhau. Unfortunately it is not halal.

Mee Tambunan

Coming to the end of my Sabah journey, up next a short stay-over in Kota Kinabalu.





No comments:

Post a Comment