Thursday, June 7, 2018

Sabah Chronicles - Kota Kinabalu

So, this is the first time I went to Sabah with hubby's family. It was an opportunity also bring my sister-in-law's 2 kids to visit  their grandparents (my brother in law's family) in Tambunan and to celebrate Kaamatan with them.

Hubby and I purposely flew out a day earlier (Sunday) so that we could have some time to ourselves (more about that later). We flew using Air Asia and there was no delay. We pre-ordered food upfront and I really enjoyed my chicken lasagna - thinking of it is making my mouth water. Air Asia's Emperor Fried Rice was lovely as well.





I was really excited to know that the airport is just next to the sea, and from my window I could see the sea when we were about to land. We arrived at Kota Kinabalu International Airport at 11.20 am.
We took Grab (cost RM 10) to our hotel, Mercure Kota Kinabalu.







Since we arrived 2 hours before their check in time, I asked the receptionist if they have the room ready and I wanted a room with the sea-view. After paying an extra RM 25, we got our keys to room 1222.

The room was amazing! It was clean and tastefully decorated. We could see Jesselton Point and Suria Sabah from our window.






After we freshen up a-bit, at 3 pm we took Grab to Sinsuran to get some souvenirs. Around 3.45 pm, we got Grab again to bring us to Sutera Harbour Marina Jetty.

This brings me to the most anticipated part of my KK trip........I'll continue on my next post.
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment