Sunday, April 3, 2011

Testimony: To give God the glory....

I shared a testimony in church today. This is the full version. Hope you will be blessed as you wait upon Him and trust in His faithfulness.


Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I stand before you today to testify of God’s faithfulness and goodness in my life. Many of you know that I’ve been looking for a job for the last 4-5 months. My prayer to God was for a job which is near home, a job which I can come back to my house each day. After two unsuccessful months of job search in Alor Star, Gurun, Jitra and SP, I prayed and decided to apply for jobs at Kulim.  Now, I was not keen, as Kulim is about an hour and a half drive to AS. Nevertheless, I prayed and ask the Lord to guide me in my job selection. I attended an interview in Kulim at the end of January. They told me in 2 weeks I will receive the reply. I prayed and prayed. 2 weeks came and pass, no news, I was already restless, so I decided to extend my job selection to Penang. 

It was no coincidence when I submit my application for the post of a materials engineer with the company in Penang. You see, all this while the job openings at this company, related to my field of knowledge had been contractual based. On that day when I saw the opening for materials engineer which is for permanent staff, I actually debated with myself whether to apply or not, since I wanted to work as an Industrial Engineer. To cut the long story short, I applied just for fun. I received a phone call the following day to attend the interview in Penang. The interview went so well that I was confident that I had very high chance of getting the job. The manager told me that they will get back to me in 2 weeks. On the way back after the interview, I received a call in which I was offered the job at Kulim. I thank the Lord and happily accepted the offer. This was end of February.

Although I have already gotten the job at Kulim, I still felt the need to pray for the job in Penang. 2 weeks came, and I got a call from the manager that I am shortlisted for the job. He asked me to wait for a few more days for his manager to come back from a business trip for the hiring approval. I thought that the 2nd day of SU camp, I would have gotten the answer. But no, I got the answer only the end of the week that the hire had been approved by the higher level manager. Now the current manager said I need to wait for the approval from the US. He said he will come back to me the following week (2nd last week of March). I told God, please if this job is not for me, please spare me the agony of waiting and I will glad fully work in Kulim.
I thank the Lord that He gave me the patience to wait, and not to grumble. It was the day before my convocation, when I receive the call that said US has approved the hiring. I was to wait for the HR to contact me. Now, the question left is how much will they pay me; higher or lower than the one in Kulim? If higher of course I will accept without a thinking twice, but if lower? Again, I prayed to God that the salary will be what He intends for me. And Praise the Lord, the salary is beyond what I asked for. Then I knew, God has opened up this door for me. I thank the Lord with my entire being for the job in Penang with Agilent Technologies.

I also thank the Lord for blessing me with the best post-graduate student award (for my course), and for a successful convocation. I also thank the Lord that the fall that I had (my carelessness of course!) happened after the convocation and not before, else I would be limping up the stage in pain.
I take this opportunity to thank the members of this church, especially those who were in the same discipleship class as me, for carrying the burden, and praying alongside with me throughout the last months. I am grateful to the Lord for amazing parents, sister and a wonderful husband for their prayers and support. Lastly, I encourage all of you to never stop trusting the Lord. There are times, when He does not answer us immediately, but we are to continue to trust Him that He knows the best plans for us, as is written in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future....”

My Lord knows best. To Him be the glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment