Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kang Beef House

Since hubby and I were already in Penang, we decided (or rather I decided) to try out the famous Kang Beef house at Jelutong. The name said it all, everything sold here is beef-based. You can opt for fried rice, hor-fun, herbal soup, beef meatballs, steamboat. It is a must try for all beef lovers out there.
We took quite a while to find the place due to wrong coordinates keyed into my Garmin. Finally we found the place, but had to walk quite a distance because we werent't sure where to park our cars.

Front view (the back view is facing the main road)

Menu

Chefs busy at work
When we arrived it was almost 9pm (the shop closes at 10pm). Quickly I ordered the beef fried rice with a bowl of meat ball soup (RM 12.80) while hubby ordered dry hor fun with beef (RM 9.80).

Beef fried rice (I give it 6/10. I still think the beef fried rice at Viet Cafe Alor Star tasted better)

The meat-ball soup that came with it
I didnt manage to snap pictures of hubby's food as I was already too hungry gobbling down my own food. Anyway, he was disappointed with it. (Rating 7/10) For people who prefers their food on the saltier side, the hor-fun is tasteless!! We also ordered the fried meat-ball. I think, if I rolled up a ball of Ramli's minced beef and fry, it will taste better. So my rating is 4/10.

I think we made a mistake of ordering the above, as we should be ordering their signature dishes like beef noodle, steamboat...those soupy stuff. Might go there and try again, someday.

You can find more pictures and reviews here and here.

Kang Beef House
474 Jalan Jelutong, 11600 Penang, West Malaysia.
12.00pm-2.30pm, 4.30pm-10.00pm (Closed Tuesday)
GPS: 5.391811, 100.313605

No comments:

Post a Comment