Monday, May 13, 2013

Koh Lipe: La Luna Italian Restaurant

I find it strange that I've been really looking forward to patronize La Luna more than any other restaurants in Lipe. I know I'm weird, as most people would go for Thai cuisine when they are holidaying in Thailand, but me, no..I've been eyeing this restaurant for weeks.

Oh well, we managed to have dinner here on the 1st night of our trip. We followed the sign which led us to a dark alley (hubby kept asking if we were on the right track) and finally arrived at the brightly lit restaurant.


The wine bar..


Guests at the other table..


I looked through the menu and since I was hungry, it took me a while to decide what to eat since I wanted to eat everything! I'm such a pig..oinks! I finally decided on the Ravioli with Bolognese Sauce (300 Baht)  while hubby ordered the Seafood spaghetti (250 Baht)  and mixed salad (120 Baht) for appetizer.

The mixed salad was  refreshing, dash of herbs and black pepper. We mixed balsamic vinegar with olive oil and voilĂ  have an amazing dip.


Usually when I ask hubby his opinion of a particular food, 9/10 times he would reply 'Ok-lah'. This time when I asked him, he replied 'Good'. I felt so happy since I've chosen the right place to dine. Tee-hee:)
The seafood spaghetti came with generous amount of squids, prawns and mussels, and parmesan cheese.


Initially I wanted to order risotto, but they do not have that on the menu. So I went for their ravioli instead.
Superb! They had spinach filling inside the dough, and the bolognese sauce that complimented it was perfect. And who can complain when there was such generous amount of parmesan cheese?


We had a splendid dinner at La Luna's. If we had more days in Lipe, I definitely would have come back for 2nd or 3rd round.



No comments:

Post a Comment