Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pre-Christmas Dinner 2012

As usual, the company I worked for had the annual Christmas-New Year shut-down and we were 'forced' to take 5 days of our annual leave. It was not a bad thing considering I was looking forward to a break from work and that many of my friends will be back for Christmas.

Well, this Christmas was certainly a memorable one. It started with a pre-Christmas family dinner at my place. After thinking for some time, hubby and I decided to attempt the Greek Souvlaki with tzatziki dip.

We decided to barbecue the pork instead of grilling them. Somehow it didn't work as it caused the meat to be quite hard, compared to what we had in Greece. I think grilling is key to a successful souvlaki, correct me if I'm wrong. Albeit the hard texture, the meat tasted good.

Greek Souvlaki

The tzatziki dip called for Greek yoghurt which obviously couldn't be found here. So following the instructions from the recipe, I strained plain yoghurt over a coffee strainer for an hour. The other ingredients were cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper and mint all blended until fine. This mixture was then added into the yoghurt. Tada! ..the tzatziki dip.

Home-made tzatziki dip

The rest of the meal were what we've conjured up previously; the German sausages with apples, Barbecued calamari and simple Spirali pasta.

German Sausages with apples

Barbecued calamari

Spirali pasta

The entire Pre-Christmas dinner...

Our Pre-Christmas dinner

Stay tuned for the next post, our Christmas church service..

No comments:

Post a Comment