Monday, December 10, 2012

Agua Restaurant, Straits Quay Penang

Boy, it has been 2 weeks since the last post. Had been very busy with work and also ran out of topics to blog about.

Last Friday, hubby came up to Penang, and I suggested that we drive to Straits Quay for dinner.
After beating the 1 1/2 hour traffic jam all the way from Bayan Lepas to Straits Quay, we finally arrived almost 8pm. Since we were still on the hunt for Greek/Mediterranean food, we chose to dine at Agua; the restaurant serving Mediterranean and Spanish cuisine.



There were only a handful of guests dining at that time, and we enjoyed the privacy. I looked around and saw that they had some beautiful posters on the walls.




I told hubby that I wanted something like this on the walls when we have our own place, and he immediately said 'no':(


We browsed through the menu, and to be honest found it a little difficult to choose what we wanted to eat.
Finally I decided on the set meal which comes with a prawn salad, salmon spaghetti and a dessert (RM 48). With this set, we also ordered a glass of house wine. Hubby ordered one of their popular tapas; albondigas and also the moussaka.

Hubby kept mentioning that he liked the salad...

Tuscany Prawn salad
The meatballs are on the salty side, but tasted good nevertheless.

Albondigas (garlic and herb beef meatballs cooked in picante tomato sauce) - RM 18

I liked this spaghetti. As the portion is not too much, one can eat this and not feel 'jelak'

Spaghetti al Salmone (Salmon spaghetti)

I fell in love with moussaka the moment I tasted it in Santorini and then in Athens (read about this here). Before arriving, I've actually browsed through Agua's menu and found that they do serve moussaka.
Well, in our opinion, the moussaka was a let down. I'm not sure was it because we were expecting Agua's moussaka to taste like those in Santorini and Athens, or because this moussaka tasted like shepherds pie. We ended up putting lots of tomato ketchup on the moussaka (to get the tomato taste). The cheese was supposed to melt in your mouth, but this one tasted like they were over baked!


Moussaka (RM 34.90)

I am not a fan of desserts, but once a while, I like to end my meal on a sweet note. This banana lemon mousse was a little too sweet for our liking, but somehow we managed to finish most of it.

Banana Lemon Mousse
Happy:)

The total cost was RM 126.30 (including service charge and taxes). Will we come back again?
Yes, one day...only this time for the paella:)





No comments:

Post a Comment