Monday, October 8, 2012

Yves Rocher Moisturising Lipstick

Today's post will be about my new purchase, the Yves Rocher Moisturising Cream Lipstick- Rose Thé.

This is my 1st Yves Rocher lipstick. I've been using Maybelline and Silky Girl for as long as I could remember. But what prompted me to purchase this was the fact that this lipstick from Yves Rocher is paraben-free (although not fragrant-free). Seems like people nowadays are more cautious about the beauty products they use, and the latest trend is to go for paraben-free products. So what's with parabens?

Parabens are chemicals found in products; hand creams, lipsticks, deodorants, facial cleansers, etc.
They are used in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical products as preservatives. Quoting from Wikipedia:

Average levels of 20 nanograms/gram of parabens have been detected in a small sample of 20 breast tumours (P.W. Harvey et al, 2004;  P.D. Darbre, et al, 2004) These findings, along with the demonstrated ability of some parabens to partially mimic estrogen a hormone known to play a role in the development of breast cancers (P.W. Harvey et al, 2004) have led some scientist to conclude that the presence of parabens may be associated with the occurrence of breast cancer (G. Vince, 2004 and L. Christine, 2005) and to call for investigation into whether or not a causal link exist.

From what I surveyed so far, not many brands are carrying paraben-free products. They may have some products which are paraben-free while the rest are not. Being a little paranoid,  I rummaged through most of my beauty products and find them to contain one or more type of paraben(s). OMG!

My conclusion is that soon paraben-free products will be in the 'IN' thing in the market, and cosmetic companies would have to cater for such requirement. Until then, if I could avoid using beauty products with parabens, I would but if I couldn't that's too bad. Am I paranoid or what?



Yves Rocher Moisturising Cream Lipstick- Rose Thé

2 comments:

  1. where's the before/after pics :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...no before/after pics..cos no difference..just colour change. And besides, I am hopeless with self-taken pics

    ReplyDelete