Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mysore Curry House

I have a 'thing' for Indian food; specifically North Indian Cuisine. It was about 5 years ago, when Vijay  introduced me to North Indian food, at Mirch Masala back in Johor Bahru. I fell in love with the food, and brought Dan (my boyfriend then) there. I got him hooked too:) Since then, we'ved tried Agneeys at Tampoi, Chakra at JB and Chennai Curry House at Sungai Petani.

Earlier this year, Mysore (pronounced My-Sore) Curry House made its way to Alor Setar, at Jalan Pegawai. If I am not wrong, the guy who owned Chennai Curry House also owned this one. We've been here about 5 times (3 times alone in October) including yesterday for dinner.

Mysore Curry House @ Jalan Pegawai
The boss told us that Mysore is his hometown in India. As you can see, the front cover of the menu shows the Mysore palace, which is one largest palace and most visited monuments in India.

Front cover of the menu



The frame on the wall

Left: Teh Halia (Ginger milk tea) Right: BRU Coffee Ice

Papadam (4 pcs for RM 2)

We've so far tried the Butter Chicken and Chicken Varuval, so we decided to try something new; Kadai Chicken. As usual, the dishes here are always pleasing to my tastebuds. From what I read, ginger, tomato, red and green chilli and capsicum are part of the ingredients that made up this yummy-licious dish.

Kadai Chicken (RM 13)

For vegetable, we chose Vegetable Kholapuri which is very thick and rich. This dish consists of cauliflower,  green beans and carrots, to name a few.


Vegetable Kholapuri

The contented and happy other half enjoying his meal:)


The total bill came up to RM 35.20.


I would strongly recommend you to drop by this place. If you are a vegetarian, you can choose their vegetarian set (3 veg + 1 rice) for RM 5.60. I assure you that it will be worth your money!


No comments:

Post a Comment