Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dinner at Xuan Xin Restaurant

We rarely have dinner together, MM and I. So today, we decided to have dinner followed by grocery shopping after that. She recommended this place, Xuan Xin Restaurant at Queensbay Mall. The food is on the pricier side, but the portion is really huge.

When we entered the restaurant, there were already quite a number of people there, mostly working adults.

The entrance
Before coming to this restaurant, I had mentally told myself 'NO RICE' (konon-nya nak berdiet). But after flipping through the impressive menu......I was torn between ordering the sze chuan hot & sour soup or the rice selection. The latter won..Sigh!

This is no ordinary rice.......as it has roasted duck in it. Absolutely yummy (although being me, I added around  6 spoonfuls of chilli sambal and some black vinegar). The portion was huge. It has been 2 hours (at the point of writing)  and I am still feeling super stuffed.

Braised Rice with Roasted Duck (RM 14.80)
MM ordered this instead.....

Fried rice with Pork Belly and Kimchi (RM 12.80)

The total bill came up to RM 33.85 (including 10% service charge and 6% gov tax).



Will I come back again? Yes, for sure...this time for the Hot & Spicy Sze Chuan Soup (unless I change my mind again..hahaha).

No comments:

Post a Comment