Wednesday, February 25, 2015

La Bodega @ Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar

It was the 1st day of CNY and three of us were kinda clueless where to eat. I wanted to eat Spanish food, so our first stop was Nexo at Bangsar South. Unfortunately, they were close so we headed to Bangsar and found ourselves at La Bodega.

La Bodega needs no introduction since there were already many people (before me) blogging about this place.

Anyway, for my personal record I would like to just share with you what we had for lunch.

First and foremost, we ordered some appetizers: Lamb Meatballs (Albondigas) and Patatas Bravas.

I must say, the lamb meatballs were heavenly. I absolutely love them and personally I feel I could eat like 10 of them all by myself. The meatballs were well marinated and juicy.

We did not enjoy the patatas bravas. They were plain although there was a hint of paprika. There's nothing spectacular about the spicy tomato sauce and the aioli tasted more like regular mayonnaise.

Albondigas - large (RM 35), Patatas Bravas - small (RM 14)

Next up was the Mediterranean Soup. This tomato-based soup is rich with flavours and contains 3 types of seafood (mussels, prawns and squids).
The soup was served some cheese and croutons (not shown in picture).

Mediterranean Soup (RM 37)

What's Spanish food without having Paella? We were told upfront that this Paella Valencia will take a 1/2 hour wait. This was my 2nd time having paella. The previous paella I had was quite dry and had the burnt taste. This on the other hand was rather soft. I'm not sure which kind is considered authentic but I quite enjoy this version of paella. The Paella Valencia contained mussels, prawns, squid and clams.

Paella Valencia (for 1 person - RM 39)

The last dish that arrived was the Diavola Pizza (or Devil's pizza). This thin crust pizza was just awesome.
Bursting with flavours from the salami, cheese and red/green peppers, this pizza just ended our lunch with much satisfaction.



Pizza Diavola (small - RM 27)

Overall, we had a satisfying and enjoyable lunch. The bill came up to RM 189.10 including an Americano (RM 11), service charge and tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment