Monday, February 24, 2014

Al Shami Restaurant (Arabic Food) @ Bukit Gambir

Last Saturday after watching Chef Michael's Food Truck series on Middle Eastern cooking, I told hubby I that we should go for Middle Eastern food for lunch. The only I knew was located near USM, so off we went.

Al Shami Restaurant serves Arabic food. We arrived around 1.30pm and were the only ones there.


We took our time browsing through the simple menu and proceed to order. Our food took some time to arrive. I suppose this is due to the detailed preparation needed.


For appetizer, we had their hummus and lamb. When the appetizer was served, I told hubby that I couldn't find the hummus. Apparently, the 'designs' you see around the plate is actually the hummus, served with lamb in the middle. This is a new experience for us.

Hummus and Lamb (RM 8)

I ordered the Mandi Lamb which came with a generous portion of lamb (hardly any bones) and rice served with soup and some kind of chilli sauce. The soup is actually the stock which is used to cook the lamb.
I am satisfied with the portion and amount of meat served. Please bear in mind that the stock is on the salty side so careful when you pour them over the rice.

Mandi Lamb (RM 12)
My other half loves kebabs. So he ordered their Shish Tawook. The chicken skewers came with bread and yoghurt, salad and chilli sauce at the side. The chicken was marinated well, soft in the inside grilled at the outside.

Shish Tawook (RM 14)
The total bill came to RM 36 including Arabic tea (RM 2). I think it is worth it for such a huge portion.
I recommend this place if you love kebabs and Middle Eastern food. I will surely be back, this time to try the Doleymiyeh chicken. I am hungry!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment