Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wisdom tooth, Ouch!

The pain first 'dropped by' last Sunday, then appeared again on Tuesday, and tortured me the whole of last night. It's not the kind of pain where you would whine and whine or make you cry out in agony, but the pain is more of an annoying dull pain emanating from my sides of my right cheek giving me ear pain and headaches.

Well, woke up at 4am, and had trouble sleeping after that. This morning, I had to call mom to fetch me to the dental clinic (Klinik Pergigian Ng), opposite City Plaza. Got there, and I was the 2nd patient. Dr. Ng took an X-ray and said the wisdom tooth was in a bad shape and partially decayed. He then asked me if I've taken any food before I came. Since I didn't, he asked me to go for a light meal before the surgery since I am not allowed to take anything solid after the surgery.

So mom and I went out to a coffee-shop around the corner. We got back to the clinic by 10.30am, and the whole surgery process started. Since I was anaesthetized locally, I am unable to feel the area where the wisdom tooth is. Several dental tools were used, and there were lots of drilling, pulling, tugging, but praise God I did not feel any pain at all. Strangely, the song that kept playing and repeating in my head was 'Lord You are good and Your mercies endureth forever'...

After about 40 minutes, the tooth was extracted and  filling was done to the adjacent tooth which was also impacted by the decay. After 5 stitches, and a gauze in my mouth, I can now go home.

The surgery costed me a bomb! RM 600 in total....gosh can even buy a Coach bag with this money (just kidding), or use it to pay housing loan. Thank God, I can claim a 2/3rd of it from Agilent.

So, I'm officially on 2 days medical leave. Praying that the bleeding will stop within 24 hours, and the swelling will go down soon. I was given about 6 packets of medication to consume, including painkillers.

Btw, I was recommended to go to Dr. Ng by hubby. It seemed that his boss and colleagues had previously gone to Dr. Ng for teeth extraction,etc and he did a good job, although pricey.

Oh well, I better go now. Need some sleep. Till next time!

Updated on 13 March 2013:

Today's the 4th day after the extraction. Managed to eat half bowl of wantan mee (minus the charsiew and veg). Can talk a little better now (later part of the evening). All I want to eat now is KFC, pork ribs, burger, and all meaty stuff.




4 comments:

  1. How are you feeling now, Emily? I hope you did not experience any bad complications aside from pain and swelling after the surgery. Some patients who got their wisdom tooth pulled sometimes go through worst complications, particularly if they did not follow the dentist’s advice after the surgery. ->Cody Zieba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cody..thanks for asking, I'm better now. No more pain and I've resume to eating my favourite food again. Still gargle with the solution provided by the dentist

      Delete
  2. Ouch. What a torture! Good to know you were feeling well after a few days and was able to eat your favorite food again. Take care of your teeth, Emily! Don’t let them dwindle like this wisdom tooth. Lon at Your Celebrity Smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excruciating pain might be the best way to describe it. Anyway, it’s a good thing you had it extracted before it could cause more problems. The meat and steak can wait while you’re still on recovery. And I bet it would feel absolutely amazing eating some without having to worry about shooting pains. I hope you this is the last time you will have to be treated for a major teeth-related problem. Take care!

    Warren Fitzgerald @ Brockington Dental

    ReplyDelete