Monday, September 8, 2014

Hameed 'Pata' Mee Sotong @ Padang Kota Lama, Georgetown

I didn't know how famous Hameed's mee sotong is until hubby brought me to Padang Kota Lama to try out for myself. He was the first to line up, before 15 people showed up behind him. From what I gather from other bloggers, Hameed's mee sotong has been around since 1978.  Located near Fort Cornwallis, Hameed's stall is located inside the food court (medan selera).

The mee sotong can be ordered dried or with gravy. Hubby ordered both for me to try.

Most people ordered the dry kind, but I personally love the wet (basah) one. It tastes something like mee rebus. Lovely!

Each plate costs RM 5.00. Quite reasonable for the portion of mee and sotong.



Hubby said we haven't explored food in Penang mainland. He is right, I think we should spend some time to try out other food with the little time we still have here in Penang.

Next to try on the list; mee udang and mee kuah ketam..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment