Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sukhotai Noodle House @ Gurney Paragon

After work yesterday, a bunch of us met up for dinner at Sukhothai Restaurant.
This restaurant apparently has been around for some time but was located at Burmah Road before moving to the present venue at the 5th floor of Gurney Paragon.



From what I gather from people around, this place is famous for its beef noodles. I'll make a mental note to come back for this one day.
Last night however, we came for their Thai food. We ordered 6 dishes. Bear in mind that the portion is very small, so you may need to order more dishes to actually fill you up.



The mango salad had a balanced sour-sweet taste. Not too bad, but not the best I've had.

Mango Salad (RM 13.90)
The tom yam looked awesome, but when I've tasted it...I couldn't express my disappointment.
It was too sour for my liking, lack in spiciness and aroma. It's as though the sourness has sucked up the taste of the other ingredients. I think they should add a little more of galangal (lengkuas).

Tom Yam Seafood (RM 35.90)
The Chicken Massaman Curry tasted far different from what I've tasted in Koh Lipe. I've personally cooked Massaman curry and I know that this dish should contain roasted peanuts/cashew nuts in it. However, I did not see and taste them at all here.
Chicken Massaman Curry (RM 17.90)

The fried fish cakes were really good. They went very well with the tangy sauce. Thumbs up!

                                                 Fried Fish Cakes (can't find the price on the receipt)

The morning glory (kangkung) was nice too. I can definitely finish the whole thing myself.

                                                               Morning Glory (RM 13.90)

This fried chicken with sweet-sour sauce was appetizing. I enjoyed every bite of it.

                                                 Fried Chicken in sweet-sour sauce (RM 33.80)

Next, the Acacia Omelette. Nothing fancy, but it went well with the sambal.

                                                                                Acacia Omelette (RM 16.90)


For dessert, we ordered Sukhothai's mango sticky rice. Not bad, but the rice should be slightly more creamy, just my opinion.

                                                              Mango sticky rice (RM 9.90)


My first time trying out Miang Kham. I'm never a fan of these...

                                                             Miang Kham (RM 15.90)

The last dessert we had was Pistachio and Peanut butter ice cream.

                                                           Ice cream (RM 3.90/scoop)

The total bill came up to about RM 335+ for the 11 of us.

Couldn't resist a group photo:)



1 comment: