Friday, May 16, 2014

Nyonya House @ 34, Stewart Lane

Nyonya House is located along Steward Lane, few doors away from Seven Terraces. We decide to have dinner there last night since I needed to use my living social voucher before it expires.

View from outside 
The interior was decorated to create the Peranakan-Chinese feel.


Our voucher consists of 6-course meal for RM 25 ( 2 pax).

Mango Kerabu

Perut Ikan (Nyonya pickled fish stomach curry)

Soup with egg, mushroom and carrot

Hong Bak (pork cooked in bean paste and aromatic herbs)

Gulai Tumis
Overall, hubby and I felt that the food was so-so only. While the gulai tumis was good, the hong bak was not aromatic enough, the soup was too plain, kerabu mango is best eaten at Thai restaurants and the perut ikan is not the best I've tasted. I would prefer Auntie Gaik Lean's Old School Eatery anytime.

Another selfie of the day:)







No comments:

Post a Comment