Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cooking for loved ones...

I love cooking, especially Chinese food...and for the last 2 days since I was back, I cooked!
Yesterday, I cooked 3 dishes; stir-fry broccoli and carrots, ginger beef and ABC soup. Didn't snap any pictures cos too hungry...
For dinner, hubby fried the left-over rice to go with dishes. Really blessed to have a husband who can cook, willing to cook and help wash up.

Today, I had asked mom and sis to come over for lunch. Actually the initial plan was for me to prepare 3 dishes, and mom to prepare 1 dish, but because she had to attend someone's funeral send-off, sis came over earlier to 'lean how to cook'. She end up contributing 1 dish - potato salad.
I cooked mongolian chicken, fried anchovies with onions and stir-fry broccoli and carrots (again, I know! Just can't get enough of broccoli).

In a while, I will be frying the rice with bacon and mixed vegetables for dinner. Hubby and I usually go out in the middle of church service to have dinner before he sends me off to the bus station. Since Tesco is pack with people around 8pm for buka puasa, it is difficult for us to find any seats and utensils to use at the food court. And dining at the other shops (KFC, Rasamas, Pizza Hut, etc) is rather pricey. So solution? I COOK!

Gotta go, feeling a bit pening..just had some rum and raisin ice-cream (raisins have been soak in rum for over 3 weeks).....tipsy dy...haha...

Love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment