Monday, May 2, 2011

Weddings

    Hubby and I attended both Mei Yan and Boon Ping's wedding reception and ceremony last weekend. I must say that MY looked absolutely lovely, the makeup was just nice, not overly done. BP had a big smile on his face throughout the wedding. When MY gave her speech, I couldn't but help shed a tear or two. I though of Aunty YS, and how she would be proud  MY if she is still here.

    Hubbs and I sat with Uncle David and Aunty Amelia, Karyn, Reno, Sarah, Sze Yuen and Daniel Kiew. We had a good time, laughing most of the time (although I was coughing most of the time).

Mr & Mrs Toe, with Mr & Mrs Kopial
We went for the ceremony at Gurun the next day. They played the song "This is the day" which was very meaningful and suitable for the occasion. The song is still stuck to my head now....lol! The sermon was good, and with Grandpa Khor interpreting, it made the whole sermon more alive and interesting (sometimes so funny, that we couldn't help laughing). I was amazed that MY uttered her vows in Mandarin. Do you know how difficult it is to get the right pronunciation? If you are a banana like me, most of the time, my pronunciation will "lari".  
Thank God I didn't have to say my vows in Bidayuh...muahaahaha

Aren't they sweet?
It was truly a memorable day for them, as well as for us. MY and BP, we wish you both a wonderful marriage ahead. May God bless you two as you embark on this new journey together =)

No comments:

Post a Comment